Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tag...Tag...Tag

Well I am in the game...a little behind but here it goes.
Seven thing you might not know about me...

7. Lets start with the dislikes...I dislike corn beef and sourkrout because one time I was invited to dinner and that was the main dish served...upon taking a bite my not so sweet friends told me their dog climb up on the table and got into the main dish.

6. SmileyCentral.com I LOVE Maple Bars!!! We all have comfort foods but I try hard to avoid my favorite. Infact I only allow myself to eat one usually in the store. I hardly ever buy them and if I bring them home I give them all away so that I can only eat one.

5. I have a childhood nick name...it is embarrassing. As a child growing up with my father for many family activities we would go shooting. Yes I have my own guns. I became a pretty good shot and so my nickname was DEADEYE...

4. I have not always been a member of the church. I am also a mother hen who loves her children dearly. With that said I often had thoughts that I as a mother could not send my children off on a mission. Travis and Lila dated prior to Travis leaving on his mission. It was upon seeing him off to Brazil at the Salt Lake Airport I recieved that comformation from the spirit that I could send my son off and he would be okay. Eight years later my son Kyle is now serving in Fiji...

3. Things I have won...Mother of the year award and believe it or not as a youth I was the champion in girls arm wresting...

2. I love my bed....with lots of pillows, soft sheets, and down covers...my bedroom is my haven from the world. When I need to escape I put on some soft relaxing music and escape in the comfort of my bed...

1. I Love my grand children, my children, and family means a lot to me...many times I have prayed that I could see them raise in a safe spot like the Millennium
SmileyCentral.com

Who do I TAG...?
I tag Heidi and Matt Porter. Why? Because I can and because I would love to get to know more about this cute couple!!!

4 comments:

Lila said...

When did you win mother of the year award. Not that I think you aren't the mother of the year every year but I didn't know about this one.

Meet the Elliott's said...

It was when you were about eight years old doing the pagents...We were involved with Diamond Miss and Royal Miss. The director would choose one mother a year. It was no big deal just a plaque and regonition of things I did being involved that year.

Michelle said...

I fixed that on my blog. I had to check your blog out since I needed to catch up.

I've found myself thinking a lot about the millenium lately... wondering what it will be like.

All those things I didn't know about you. Arm wrestling champ... that's a funny one!

Meet the Elliott's said...

Well you know we all have somekind of hidden talent!!!