Monday, August 27, 2007

A very busy week and weekend for the Elliotts!!!


This past week we have been very busy partaking of the fruit our trees have given to us this year. Brent was so kind to have picked all the pears, apples, and plums from the trees while I was out of town. He had decorated the garage by having them sitting nicely in a neat row of boxes...many boxes.

I started with the pears, I love dried pears...then we moved onto the plums. Tried drying the plums but way to sour....not good, did two plum cobblers and WOW the first bite made you pucker up big time. I was afraid I would never get my lips out of that puckered up old lady kissing position...so I tried making plum syrup. It turned out great. I loved it and it taste great on waffles!!! I was running into the weekend and short of time so I had to employ Trevor, Brooke and Brent into the world of canning. We did some applesause, apple juice, more syrup, more pears, and I even made some Italian Broshetta with garden basil, tomatoes, olive oil, onions, and garlic. Yum...Yum...it was good on bread, pizza even a macaroni pasta dish we had for dinner one night. Having all of us work together was fun, we got alot of talking in. After cutting all those apples our fingers were worn out!!!

Then over the Weekend Brent and I went to Idaho where we enjoyed one day on the river with Aunt Lynn and Uncle Mike's family. We even got in on the phone call where Michelle was sharing all the excitment of her new engagement. That's right we will soon be having another wedding in the family. Then on Sunday we went to Juleen's mission farewell. Juleen comes from a wonderful family; it was all in all a great weekend!!! Oh and that very sour plum cobbler well with vanilla ice cream and carmel topping it is a dessert to die for!!!

7 comments:

Brandi said...

Georgie- I wish I would've known you were canning! I would have loved to help. That's something I still have not tried.

Lila said...

I am excited to come up and try some. I wish we had been there, Avery would have loved it...

Lila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meet the Elliott's said...

I have more canning I want to do with all you girls...my favorite is apple pie filling...I am looking for pie apples. Not all apples are the same. So get ready!!!

Noelle said...

How fun! Phil keeps talking about planting a garden. I keep telling him we need to own our own place first... Thanks for the news of Michelle's engagement!! That is VERY exciting! Do you know when the big day is?

Michelle said...

That is so impressive! Someday I want to try that. It's so fun to grow it yourself and have it for later too.

David Crowther said...

looks yummy - can't wait to see you and try some - also would like to learn how to do it as well.