Saturday, December 20, 2008

Elliott 2008 Christmas Newsletter...

Merry Christmas…wow 2008 went by like a flash. It really does seem like I just got done with the last Christmas letter and Christmas cards. Is that what happens when you get old?

Well marriage the second time around has been very good to us. Tonight Brent and I were able to attend a session at the Bountiful Temple. It was cold; snow and ice cuddled the Temple Grounds. While I was there I reflected on the day I married Brent. I love this area; I love my neighbors and the friends I have made. I do not like the snow. Well something’s about it I like such as cuddling in my bed with a book, project or just a nap. The way it looks on the tree’s and bushes especially with Holiday lights on. But the driving, shoveling, taking the trash out, walking in it…I’m still a desert girl!!!(turtle).

I am still serving in the Relief Society as the secretary. I have a great group of ladies that I work with. Every one of us has a missionary in the field. One just got home this year but were all missionary moms the same.
Brent has just been called to be the Stake Athletic director; he’s looking forward to it. Both of us are serving on the activities committee and our ward parties have been super this year. Everyone love me…they let me have fun with the food and decorations ect. It’s a great ward to be in I love it!!!

We have had our share of losses this past year; now we have two new arrivals going to join our family in 2009. Brandi and Lila are both expecting. All of our married daughters are doing great. I am so pleased with the men they have married. We have some super son in laws who are proving to be excellent husbands and fathers.

In less than six months Kyle will be arriving home from his mission. I am so looking forward to seeing him…giving him a huge kiss and lots of hugs!!! It has been a blessing to see the change in him through our emails weekly. He loves his mission and it is his goal to be the best he can with the help of Heavenly Father.

Rigby and Ryan are both attempting school…Rigby has had the opportunity to play some more soccer. Ryan is busy applying for grants ect so that he may start school soon.

Brooke and Trevor we get to see every other weekend. The pains of divorce!!! Free advice avoid it…it’s rough on kids as well as adults!!! However Brooke likes her new school and the attention she seems to be attracting with her cute personality. Trevor is into his guns!!! This neighborhood is filled with boys his age and when they get together some areas become a war zone.

The grandkids are growing up to fast. All of our two year olds are busy talking. Hayden is now 5 and will be starting school in 2009…yuck and hurray at the same time. We have great looking Grandkids. I can say that because it’s true and I’m a proud Grandma. Avery Mae spent a week with us after Thanksgiving. She is now 4, going on 15 it seems. One Sat. evening we needed to get ready to attend Hanna's Baptism. Avery Mae was tired as we have been going pretty strong all week. Anyway she was taking her time and ignoring my plea's to come and get her hair combed...I finally said does Grandmas need to give you a swat. Her reply was,” Grandma you can't spank me I'm to cute!!!" And that she is; they all are and I guess that’s why Grandma and Grandpa’s are good for spoiling.

Our families are doing great…were not rich nor are we famous. We are all healthy and were being blessed.
We wish and hope the same for your families. We wish you a Merry Christmas, and the best this coming New Year.

With much Love,
Brent & Georgie Elliott

2 comments:

Lila said...

Nice news letter mom. How do you do it all. Over the years you think I might have learned something from watching you but I just look at your accomplishments in utter bewilderment. How do you do it all?

Meet the Elliott's said...

Well my dear there is a time and season for all things...your time is now with babies. With that said some days go by and we as mothers wonder what did we do all day. Then we look back and see...we are mom's taking care of a lot of little things!!! I see lots of talents in you that I will never have. keep your head up as your doing a great job.