Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Better Days

It was December 22, 2002, my wedding anniversary to my first husband. We dated althrough high school he is the father of my three children. That day I had a catering job. It was a luncheon for a family who's daughter was baptise. After the catering event Blake and I were going to spend the rest of our anniversary together. This was a strange day for me as half way through the day I got this impression something would happen to me. I was not sure what it was but I shared it with Blake I told him I had this strange feeling I would not see our 25th wedding anniversary...Looking back on it now he probably was shocked. We were divorced by August 2003. As most of you know it was not something I wanted, choices were made and there was not a whole lot I could do about it but move forward.

There were a few tough years after that. Christmas would be rather gloomy for my children as well as myself. We have all moved forward now...sometimes I look back on those days...I choose not to stay there very long. I am thankful for better days now. I am thankful for my Heavenly Fathers help through some most difficult times. I love my children, I love the Lord, I love Brent who has proven to be obedient and faithful in serving the Lord. He to has/is passing through those moments of gloom that have been brought upon by another/formal spouse through unrighteous and selfish decisions. Again the helping hand of the Lord has been there for him. I love Brent...I am thankful we were able to find happiness the 2nd time around.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the nice Christmas letter and stocking. What a cute idea.

I'm glad you found Brett too. You deserve happiness!