Friday, July 27, 2007

Utah's 24th

Being a native of Nevada, and living their most of my life I am very impressed with Utah (as I have recently move here). I have been enjoying one of their many long time traditions.... This was my first time I experienced celebrating the 24th of July in Utah...The Days of ’47 KSL 5 Parade is one of the largest and oldest parades in the United States. It’s a family tradition full of colorful floats, bands, horses, clowns, and other entries thrill thousands of spectators each year. Many camp out on the streets the night before -- just to ensure a great seat to catch it all.


Besides enjoying seeing all the floats at a preview float party we enjoyed kids camping over, pizza, fireworks, waffles for breakfast, watching a great parade (on our private couch at home on tv), eating more food at the Elliott's barbeque!!! Oh, Brent had planned a huge suprise...we hope to enjoy it every year...

1 comment:

Lila said...

Avery is facinated with the pictures, "what's that?" over and over. By the way Mom sorry I wasn't any help with your talk, I know you will do well tomorrow...