Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Calling

I have a new calling in church...It was expected (a calling of somekind) as I just moved into a new ward. One is fresh meat, new prey, ect. when they decide to move in a new area. However, I have always been please to serve. Maybe at times in the past I thought why this calling. But it always works out for the best; meaning I was the one to benefit more in the long run. Elder Henry B. Eyring said, "Calls will stretch you, often at the start and always over their course, but He will give you the Holy Ghost to be your companion." I beleive this...as we can become an instrument to do the things he needs us to do.

3 comments:

Lila said...

yeah, so you've got to tell everyone what the calling is. By the way, how did it go taking Avery with you your Pres meeting?

Meet the Elliott's said...

the calling is secratary in the Relief Societyy presidency...Avery stayed home with Brooke and had a picnic in the basement!!!

Lila said...

fun. i'm glad that worked out. so how do you like your new calling?