Monday, July 9, 2007

Our 4th of July

Wednesday started with a fourth of July parade and they threw tons and tons of candy. I think Avery thought it was Halloween or something. We again had a big dinner; barbeque at Brent’s folks. We had the works like hot dogs, hambugers, potatoe salad, chips, and more. Then we went to a show at Lagoon. It was a ½ hour musical. One good thing about Lagoon is with a resident drivers licence you can get a free pass to walk into Lagoon. With Avery being 2 yrs old she can ride in the kids section for free. We let her and Hayden ride a few rides before the big fireworks started. It was cute to see the look on her face. When we got out of the car Brent pop her up on his shoulders and she looked at the big rides like the roller coaster and said, “this bees a fun place to go…can I do those things?” She called the roller coaster a roller poster. It was fun as a grandparent to see her excitement. In the furture I will be able to bring more grandkids to places like this. That will be awesome!!! The fire works started at 10:00 pm and Lagoon does a pretty nice show. We sat outside on the ground and enjoyed the works…next year I will bring camp chairs. Notice what a 2 year old will choose to eat at a barbeque when you let her help herself...


4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow that seems late for fireworks to start. Did the kids stay awake long enough? Some day we'll have to go to Lagoon.

I was just catching up on your other blogs... where did you find those cute cakes?

Meet the Elliott's said...

womansday.com is were I found the cakes...One was on the cover of the magazine.
As for the fireworks...yes Avery stayed awake. It lasted until 10:30 pm and she was super tired the next day. For that matter so was I.

The Cherry Family said...

That's fun you took Avery for Lila and Travis. I wish my mom could take my kids so I could have fun!

Meet the Elliott's said...

Ask her...maybe she would like to...I hope to have them as often as possible.