Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Improvements....

Well as far as the inside of the house my progress has stopped. Mainly do to I am trying to work out some real estate deals. Our swamp cooler went out so now we are looking to get air conditioning. We were hoping to put if off another year but things seem to have there own way of working out. Besides getting air we also have to convert the house over for air as this house was not built with a return air system...Oh well $10,000 dollars later (it will take us a year to pay this unit off) we shall be cooler!!! All of this has not stopped Brent from doing some outside stuff. I have been helping him to redo some area's of the yard (it was his idea)and it's looking great. The squirrel's are out and they have been getting into our strawberry plants; hummmm we might have to talk with them!!! Oh, I did find some good uphostery fabric to redo our dining room chairs, they are currenty a bright pink, very much out dated. The fabric was only $4.00 a yard; great deal. I will have to take a before and after shot and post it!!! Nice extra picture of future backyard idea!!!




3 comments:

Brandi said...

$10,000??? I would stick with a swamp cooler!! Mostly because if you are planning on selling it, I looked into it and central air doesn't give any extra value to a home. Definitely not 10,000 dollars worth anyway. Our swamp cooler works just as well as central air in my book. I never once complained about the heat even when I was 9 months pregnant; it worked that well! Just my thoughts.

Brent's Family said...

It is correct that it does not improve the value of a home. However, we needed a new heater and we have decided not to sell. The swamp cooler has not worked for awhile... anyway love dad

Shelley Crowther said...

Wow, I did not know u were set on not selling. Who's house has that beautiful outdoor kitchen?