Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas at the Elliott's

This is the first time I have been able to have Christmas lights on my house for Christmas...
Thank you Brent...


Years ago I decorated an entry floyer for the Bishopric who ask to have something special.
Since then I have been able to use to garland over and over.
It was really fun to decorate this year, after my divorce it was sometimes hard to get into Christmas, not this year. 


This is the nativity set my Father bought me years ago...


The nativity below belonged to my Mother, I can still picture her setting it up with angel hair...



My tree was too tall so we had to cut about a foot off of it to get it to fit. I miss my valted ceilings...





Years ago Kyle bought me this ceramic Christmas Tree, a snowman in the middle, every year he ask,
"do you remember me buying this mom"?
He canot ask me this year because he is on his mission, so I took a picture of it and sent it to him...
I remember son, I love it!!!
Their is some history in these little pieces, the reindeer Lila liked when she was about a year old, the skating snowmen remind me of my little Shelley who was my ice skater... Every year these pieces go up in my entry, no matter where I live.


Our living room with all my reindeer pictures...






3 comments:

Julie said...

Ahhh - the beautiful "headless" tree (lol) - when do you head out of town?

Meet the Elliott's said...

One the 13th and the weeken i am going to Ely to visit my dday...be back of the 16th and then leave for Las Vegas on the 17th until the 26th...

Meet the Elliott's said...

Boy I need to proof read before I send out my comments....visit my dad and weekend...sorry