Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cherrie Pie

I am loving the Farmington area, cooler weather, fruit trees, our cherry tree in the back yard. A few days ago I picked a few more cherries that the birds, a few yard critters, and Avery Mae had not gotten to. I was excited to cook a fresh cherry pie. Today I gather all the supplies, pie dishes, wash the cherries , pulled off the stems, and began to slice into these beautiful red treats. Wow...was I suprised to find little worm like creatures hiding in their pretty centers...Oh well, cherry pie will have to wait until next years crop (Brent will spray the trees). For now I will enjoy the pictures and thoughts of the future cherry pies!!!

3 comments:

Lila said...

That is a cute feature. I havn't seen the cube before. Were all of thos pics ones you took? Anyway, are the worms just in those because they are getting overripe? I hope so because I ate a tone of those things and din't even check for worms. Yuck. Maybe that's why Avery is having constant diarreah.

Meet the Elliott's said...

I use some online images...Avery had good cherries...do not worry

Michelle said...

Those cherries look good enough to eat. I like your cool slide show too. It sounds so pretty where you live!